Yields twelve muffins, and makes a great breakfast when served with a pat of butter and a hot cup of coffee!
1 1/2 C. All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
3 Very Ripe Bananas, Mashed
1 Egg, Slightly Beaten
3/4 C. White Sugar
1/3 C. Unsalted Butter, Melted
1/3 C. Packed Dark Brown Sugar
2 TBS All Purpose Flour
1/8 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 TBS Unsalted Butter, Very Cold
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease muffin tin, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together first four ingredients.
- In a second medium bowl, beat together bananas, white sugar, egg, and melted butter.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until just moistened. Do not over mix, or you’ll have tough, flat muffins.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin (approximately 1/4 cup batter per tin).
- In a small bowl, mix together first three topping ingredients. Cut in cold butter, and mix until topping resembles coarse ground cornmeal.
- Generously sprinkle on top of uncooked muffins.
- Bake in oven for 18 – 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before enjoying.