- Equal parts chopped onions, carrots and celery ( About 1/2 cup each)
- 2-3 cups of chopped cooked chicken
- 4-6 cups of chicken stock
- 1 box of Uncle Ben’s chicken flavored rice
- 1 tsp of sage
- 1 tsp of thyme
- Splash of cream
- In oil or butter saute veggies until tender.
- Add chicken and stock, then bring to a boil.
- After bringing to boil, add rice and seasoning.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add cream at the end to make it extra fatty!
NOTE: Soup is best eaten while reading Maurice Sendak’s Chicken Soup with Rice with a small child.